Sunday, October 9, 2016

STAR Scores

Dear Parents and Families,

On Friday I sent home your students' STAR reading and math scores from their September tests. I sent the scores for this same test home several weeks ago, HOWEVER they may look different this time around. When I sent scores the first time, there was a glitch in our system regarding how the scores were normed. The scores sent home Friday are referenced with CAASPP norms (California State Standards). If your student appeared to be in green and is now in blue, this could explain the change. There was no new testing, this is simply the accurate measure of where you students is after leaving first grade and my starting point for teaching in second grade. Please also note STAR scores sent home at the end of first grade were not CAASPP normed.

Your kids are in GREAT shape, and I look forward to using this data to target their needs and get 100% at or above grade level!

Kind regards,

Violet

No comments:

Post a Comment